Saturday, September 27, 2008

Celebrating Another 'Fall Fairy' - The Birthday Girl!


It's official...I think I'm addicted to ... Autumn! I just can't seem to get enough of this season!

Case in point....

Ya-Ya B had a wonderful birthday to celebrate today as us ya-ya's do. The customary celebration is lunch at Cracker's with goodies to open.

I started knitting the ya-ya's each a scarf to celebrate the season about 2 months ago. It's made with a yummy yarn by Lion's Brand...and get this... the color name is 'Harvest' !! Of COURSE it is!!!

It waves from golds to greens to maroons to the coolest pumpkin orange and all around the autumn palette! I love this yarn!


A while back I happened to pick up some knitting ribbon called 'Autumn' (!!!)... I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I was so intrigued, I just had to have some. Well, it was the perfect addition to my scarves...a fringe of autumnal colors with the ends cut at angles to conjure up the image of falling leaves.... (sigh)





I wanted to do something creative and cost-effective for the wrapping... With the economy as it is and having to watch my pennies, my motto for living is...

"Work with what I have ...and make what I have work."
So it was brown kraft paper and my favorite fall stamps and inks!!



I have a couple of antique typeset letters... 'y' and 'a' .... YA-YA!
I'm crazy over my pumpkin stamp, too! See...I told you it is bad!
... um...
does this guy look familiar?
Yes, it's Gambit. He's SUCH a help! No matter what I start digging into around here, he always shows up from nowhere to be in the middle of all of the action. In the garden, in the garage... doesn't matter. If there's something to get into, he's ready to be a part of it!
My idea for a gift tag was to die-cut birch leaves from cardstock and write one of my favorite sayings on them...in three parts. (It's the saying with my autumn post a days back)
I wrapped the scarves up in orange tissue paper and then the oh, too cute paper! A tie around the nifty little package of the same ribbon used for the fringe along with the gift tags ... and we are all set for a birthday party!!
A few candles tucked into a lunch sack bag made with wire ribbon and of course... my stamps!!
I knowwwwwwwww... I told you it was BAD!!
My ya-ya's looked so cutie-buggie in their autumn scarves!! We had just the nicest time laughing, talking and sharing... such wonderful women they are and we ALWAYS have a great time together - especially when it involves celebrating a birthday! Happy Birthday, dear B!
You fall fairy baby!
<---Ya-Ya's are B (the birthday girl), N, R and Moi.
*Can you tell which two are sisters?!

7 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Look at those gorgeous gals!! And I am loving the scarf as well, and all the pumpkiness...yes, that's a word. Happy Fall!!

kimberly said...

happy happy days of fall....wonderful celebration!
hugs,
kimberly

Jolene George said...

What a cute picture of the ya-ya's. I love that you stamped the kraft paper...so cute and your scarf's are beautiful!
Love your sons house!!!

Susie of Arabia said...

Wow - and you knit too???!!! Nice job on the scarves and the wrapping.
I'm guessing that B & N are sisters.

Joni said...

beautiful gift idea...simple, but meaningful (the best kind)and I LOVE the yarn for the scarves...I might have to look for this! It looks like you had such fun with your Ya Yas...birthdays are good excuses to get together ~

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

Hi darling,ime back after VERY FINAL TREATMENTS,COME VISIT,XXOO

Simplicity Wins said...

You are so crafty..the scarves (sp, did I spell that correct?) are beautiful. You are so talented!