Sunday, June 25, 2006

I Won!

Woohoo! I won!
This is an authentic Judith Leiber sterling silver mirror compact covered in pretty little pink Swarovski crystals! "Who's Judith Leiber?", you might ask?? I didn't know who she was either until a month or so ago when a field trip to the Phoenix Art Museum had me gazing in amazement at an exhibit of over 150 'Judith Leiber' purses in various shapes, animals and styles covered and adorned with tons of these pretty crystals! The display is unbelievable! Little purses made in the shape of a bundle of asparagus tied with a ribbon, red lady bugs, pink pigs, cherries, siamese cats, butterflies, and on and ON! Shiney, sparkly, oh-so-cute little purses that have a big price tag! I instantly fell in love with them and even went to her web sight afterwards. For a mere $3,500 I could purchase an adorable pear purse! Ahhh...but that is not in my league...and I'd look a little silly shopping at Target with such a fine container for my money... what little would be left of it. So I put that fantasy in my 'dreams' file and thought nothing more of it...

Until one day...

I happen to check out a website promoted here... mysweetconnection.com. It's a 'chick site' full of 'chicky' things like recipes, helpful hints, deals on shopping, etc. There's even a way to 'earn points' through trivia questions and surveys and then spend those points on raffles being held on a variety of items. Well, I happened to check this site out about a week ago...(I had first checked it out two months ago and forgot about it). One of the raffles was for this adorable Judith Leiber compact! I thought if I couldn't afford one of her purses, at least I could spend my points and try for her little cute compact (can you believe it's valued at $475?!?!). So I dilligently played trivia each day and took the survey for this past week. (sidenote: it's interesting what one will focus on when one is in a loosing battle with a wicked stomach flu and is neither willing nor able to assume an upright position for 3 days) As soon as I accumulated points, I spent them on entries for this compact. I think as of last night I had 36 entries. I was serious about winning this!! Lo and behold, the raffle closed today at 11 am and I just checked to see who won, and I DID!! WOOHOO!!! I'm getting fitted for contacts tomorrow morning and eye-sight willing, I am going to drive over to pick up my 'oh-so-cute-little-pink-Judith-Leiber-mirror-compact' !!! Nothing like pulling out my ultra-chic Judith Leiber compact from my $29.99 purse from Target!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! How pink! How precious!I love it. Turns out there's not a silver lining in a stomach flu cloud but a sparkly one!
love you, Ya-Ya,
R

Anonymous said...

May I borrow it sometime?
Maybe to use at the Bellagio, or a bus ride......
Hope you feel better!!!!
K