Friday, December 22, 2006

Ahh... at last.....



Ahhhh....
winter break...
at last....
It's been a crazy ride the past two weeks... so much going on at work and I've been so sick. It all came to a wonderful end today with the much anticipated event ---"Faculty Follies"!
The staff puts on a 'talent show' each year on this day, and it's simply a hoot! This year's theme was 'Deal, or No Deal'.
It really is amazing to see it all come together, considering it is put together in just a matter of days. I had two parts...a sick elf (hey, no problem there! I've been practicing for the last 4 weeks!!) and a commercial staring Martha Stewart...I being 'Martha'. A can of whipped cream was her comeupence... and done with such finesse by my buddy, Kristi. The staff is just amazing...the show was so funny and it is always a wonderful way to end school before break and start the holiday season! But I am so glad to be done. I need a couple of weeks to really get back on my feet. I've been so remiss in everything... from house cleaning, to grocery shopping, to keeping in touch with my ya-ya's, to all the things that come with the season. I've come to the realization that I'm just not going to be 'Martha Stewart' this season. That bums me out, but truly...with as sick as I've been, there wasn't anything that I could do about it. And truly, my Christmas was made a while back... in the form of love, hope and peace... so I want for not.
Are you all set for Christmas?? I hope you able to find some time this weekend to take a moment and enjoy the time you have with yourself, your family and friends. They delight in just having you nearby...so don't worry about what you haven't gotten done. We will all come out the other side of the holidays loving each other just as much, whether gifts were bought or wrapped, whether cookies were made, whether cards were sent....
It's cloudy and dark outside... a steady rain is plopping down. I have my Christmas light plugged in and a fire buring in the fire place. M is at a friend's house for the night. I am in my pajamas and just enjoying the fact that this day is here. I might make a nice little dinner for myself, perhaps a glass of wine to go with it, and snuggle myself into bed for a much-needed sleep that is not interupted by an early alarm.
I wish you peace these next few days. I love you. Bless you...

No comments: