Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Taking A Break In Fall


Car.... check.
Groceries.... check.
Gifts and goodies..... check.
Clothes and necessities....check.
Plan, numbers and standby's...check.
As you read this, I'm heading up the 260 with Mellencamp or Seger or some other bad boy crooning about life and love and losses and luck. I'm heading up to my favorite place on Earth to spend several days with my cherished friends, E and M. I'm going to help out with wood cutting in the forest (I can't WAIT!! Do you know what animals we just might see???? ... and hear??), planting some baby plants, tending the chickens and other critters and celebrating!
This is the view from my cabin porch - and my front row to Nature's show that I never, ever tire of!
This trip is a wee bit of a challenge for me... most in my world would be very surprised to hear me say that. But I'm going. I'm going to make the most of it. Throw fear, cares and uncertainties to the autumnal breeze and go.... relish in the gifts this place gives my spirit. A step forward. Another stretch of my journey taken.
I wish autumn blessings for you all this week. Go soak it all up!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

sounds like a perfectly beautiful plan.....and so good for the soul....hope you are having a restful, soul enriching time!
hugs,
kimberly

Simplicity Wins said...

That sounds wonderful! I am so glad they invited you up to share in there preparations for winter. Even though it was work...I am sure you enjoyed it! I still would love to get up there one day.....