Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Buzzy Kitty, He Is...

What a beautiful day it has been! I made a trip to a new nursery (for me) and found some wonderful gifts for some friends of mine...I'll show you in a minute. A quick trip to the grocery store found my perfect pumpkin just waiting for me to put him in my cart, so I did! And a little friend of his! Gambit has to check this out, of
course!





First gift is a pair of lantana, for my friends, the butterflies! Now, I'm not a fan, really, of lantana, but those sweet insects are...and if I want them to grace my garden, then lantana it is!




And this gift was for the baby Gamby and his sis, Bella.... catnip!! As you can see, I haven't even gotten it into the garden, and Gambit is already in love!






Speaking of Bella, once again... these two show up and it's a frolic in the garden! She's a mess, and totally happy!





For me, I bought some baby zucchini plants. I'm going to try my hand at these guys. I'm hoping to make some zucchini bread from them!






Good grief! Such help, they are....

not!





I also picked up some crook-necked yellow squash...one of my favorites!






This little guy was talking the whole time I was out in the garden... I think he was chewing me out! "Hey lady!. How about refilling my feeder with some fresh nectar?!?!" Okay, okay!

Oh oh! Someone found the planted catnip!

He can't resist it!





..... my cat with a buzz......







Tomorrow, more planting.... I think seeds, this time. Sunflower, sweetpea, nasturtium....
oh, happy dancing in the garden in Autumn!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh how I miss you dear friend............

Chickenbells said...

Duuuude...the cat is too cute! I didn't know you had 2 kitties that were black and whites. Wow. I am terribly observant aren't I? You look like you did some great planting this weekend...I need to re-fill bird feeders too...I ran out of hands last night while I was at the grocery though. (excuses excuses)