Thursday, June 07, 2007

My Motto - Apparently

"Don't f*&k with a 50-year-old woman going through a divorce..."

It seems of late that that is my motto....

like it or not....

case in point... my hair....

It's been driving me crazy...dry, limp and falling out in clumps. Partly, I tell myself, because I quit taking my thyroid medicine about 2 months ago. Oh no...not because my doctor told me to quit taking it...but simply because I ran out and never made MYSELF A PRIORITY on my list of things to do during the last month of school. I could just kick myself! I made sure all my bases were covered at work, at home, with my students, with my daughter, my son, my flippin' dog and cats...

but myself???

nope. Couldn't find the time to call in my refill and go pick it up.

And I have dearly paid the price for it.

But back to the scissors.

I have been 'done' with my hair for several weeks now. And of course, my appointment for my next 'do' isn't for another 10 days. I can't make it that long. I'm already past my optimal 'tough it out' point. So I called my hairdresser on my way to work this morning. Hoping to get in in the next couple of days.

..........

........ she's on vacation.

So what is one to do? Fight with hair that looks like shit and walk out of the house feeling like the ugliest person in town? Again? Find another hair dresser for a quick cut and then try to explain THAT one to your regular gal whom you love and adore?? Wait another week or so until your gal is back in town...and by then you might as well just wait a couple of more days for your appointment that you've had for the last 6 weeks...(refer back to the 'ugliest person' comment above).

Or....

Just do the job yourself.

So, I did. My tools of the trade were my kitchen scissors and my kitchen window...as my mirror.

The result is a short, sassy do - that will do just fine!

Like so many other things (and people) over the last 6 months have learned...

you just don't f*&(*k with a 50-year-old woman going through a divorce...

4 comments:

Simplicity Wins said...

Your beautiful just the way you are....even if you were in need of a haircut...It's just hair...your beauty is within.

Chickenbells said...

Now that is a good motto! I am super excited to see the sassy new you...however, why didn't you post a picture so we could see you in all your short haired glory? I got a haircut this week too! Oh...counting down the hours...

Jolene George said...

Oh my gosh! I won't mess with you. and I totally understand where you're coming from. I haven't been able to reach my hairdresser, so I took the scissors to myself just the other day. The hair is still is the bathroom garbage can. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. :o)

Gena said...

I finally made it to you blog!
I support you, snip the hair and dare to go bare!

Or as close as you are comfortable with at this point in time. I got tired of having hair trauma and cut all off.

I felt really good about it. I like the feeling of re-invention.