Saturday, February 10, 2007

charmed...i'm sure

I took a step of faith today....

despite a horrible car repair bill...
a leaky toilet getting fixed...
and everyday life bills....

I took a class today at
Ink It!

I've wanted to take one for sooo long from super talented gal,
Liz Eaton, a class on how to make soldered glass slide charms. I've been intrigued by these little gems since falling in love with Sally Jean's charms! The class was offered last month, and as tempted as I was, I just didn't feel that I could spend the money.

Today, however, I was reading Liz's blog and realized that the same class was being offered again...TODAY!!

Should I? Do I dare?? Could I swing this??

I went back and forth, so many, many times as to why I shouldn't but why I should... then my spirit fairy told me to do it, and that it would be ok to do this... So I listened to her, and I did.

Liz is a sweetheart of a gal and so good at teaching this class! We created two slides...well, we were
supposed to create two. I only made one, but I was so focused on it, I just couldn't switch my brain over to a new idea! (these are the views of the front and back) Liz showed us how to solder ... and OH MY GOSH!!!
WHY HAVE I WAITED FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS TO LEARN HOW TO DO THIS??? It is so EASY!!
Is it perfect? No.
Do I love it? Yes!
I found myself rediscovering myself...
the side of me that creates, loves, laughs and gets lost in such a wonderful swirl of creating, loving, being excited...
...a part that's been shoved to the side amid the trials and challenges of the past year and a half...
Mary Ellen at Ink It! was a sweetie to get me in at the last minute and when I walked in, there was super talented Carol Wingert! I love her talent, too! Such inspiring, talented women that are following their bliss!
What a wonderful, JOYous time I had!

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

Thank you for such sweet comments that you leave on my blog, I really appreciate all your support...and can I tell you how jealous I am that you know how to do the little charms? Oh , I was just drooling over some at a shop here in town, and I was wondering how one goes about doing that?! And here you are...you are so tallented!