Saturday, February 17, 2007

a wee bit o' celebration to be had

365... that's how many days have passed since I created this blog....


I do remember the day well...life was throwing me several curve balls...

and I created this blog as a way for me to offer up to the universe my frustrations...my fears...my passages...my joys...my view of life from front row...

I had no idea whether I would continue posting my thoughts...if anyone would read my posts...what direction this blog would go....and to be honest, at the time, I didn't care...

but the ride has been a beautiful one with so many wonderful things along the way...pictures worth those perverbial 1,000 words...comments from friends about what I've written... the most heart-felt 'thank you', my friends!.. such nice comments and emails from wonderful people who have felt comfortable enough to share their thoughts with me....and even include me in their blogs! Even though I have not met you, I feel as if I do know something about your sweet spirit! Thank you!!

I've learned much through my journey this past year, and this blog has been a part of that journey, as have all who have stopped by. So I am taking an idea that I have seen on several other blogs and offering it up to you!

In honor of my 'view of life from front row' being a year old, I have made this little token of my sincere appreciation of your visits! On the front is the quote "let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom". On the back is another favorite quote that was used many times in the 1700's and on by young women in their cross-stitched samplers...'when this you see, remember me'

For the next week, I invite you to leave a comment on this post. ..why you read blogs, what you get out of visiting a blog, etc...On Saturday, February 24th, I will type up everyone's name on a piece of paper, put them in a bowl, and draw one out. The winner will receive this little token of my sincere appreciation! (you'll need to send me your address and I'll happily send it on it's merry way to you!)
Thank you for sharing this past year with me. My hope is that my words, thoughts and pictures that you find here bring you as much pleasure as they do me.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A year? It's hard to believe. Thank you for a year of wonderful words and images. The truth is I don't read blogs, because the deeper darker truth is-I don't love computers, and I don't love sitting at one. I make an exception for you dear heart, and I am rewarded every time. I am amazed, moved and delighted whenever I visit.
Happy Anniversary- I love you with all my candle-lit ya-ya heart.
R

Chickenbells said...

Congratulations for you year blogiversary! Isn't it a wonderful feeling? I think I started my blog a lot like you did...mine, as a sort of documentation marking the path that I've walked down. I love all the connections I've made, in this huge wide world...friends I now have in my computerland...all the wisdom and comments and sharing mean so much to me. Plus, I think it's just the idea, the reminder that we're all part of this human family, and we have so many of the same experiences...and it's such a great peek into someone elses life, for joy and inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been a year either! I love to read your blog, so often I'm in tears at the end of my reading, but they are always tears of joy. You take such ordinary words and turn them into such amazing, heart-churning writings. I love the way you write, it always makes my heart smile.

K

Anonymous said...

A very happy anniversary to you my sister Ya-Ya! I do so love your blog! I must admit though, I feel somewhat voyeuristic in delving into some of your most private thoughts and emotions. I had believed with all that I am that, I selfishly knew your amazing heart. And knew it very well. Silly me. When I come here and sit and drink my last cup of morning java, I realize that there is still so much of you that I still need to know. You touch me in your writings, in so many ways! I am so truly thankful to be apart of your God gifted amazing heart. I adore you like a crazy women always! To many more wonderful anniversaries ahead for all of us!
N

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a year. I read blogs to feel connected to other people. I'm retired and a stay at home nana. I watch my grandchildren during the day and I have no adult interactions. I like to see what goes on outside my home.

Anonymous said...

After I posted my comment I realized I didn't leave my name.

Kim

Simplicity Wins said...

Dear sweet friend,
You have had a long tough year. I am happy to have been part of this journey with you. Your Blog inspires me to be..better, stronger and more spirit filled. Your words touch my heart and I am thankful for yu and your friendship each and everyday....Thank you dear friend....continue to choose joy!