Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ornamental Orbs


The weather is just glorious and it has been a very nice weekend, indeedy! Wonderful son came over yesterday and worked very heartily in the yard fixing sprinkler heads and other water issues. I hosted my friend, Miss K of Simplicity Wins, for a yum-yum dinner of salmon grilled on cedar plank, spring salad with cranberries, red and yellow pearl tomatoes, feta cheese and cranberries, rosemary bread with herbed olive oil for dipping, white sangria and cheesecake drizzled with macerated strawberries. A very nice time, indeedy.

Today, ya-ya N and I headed up to a place in Cave Creek that has just a bunch of junk! Well, it's called 'The Town Dump'. I have to say, I was disappointed. I expected to find antique treasures galore, knick-knacks of all sorts and things for a steal of a price that I just simply can't live without!! Well, it didn't work that way. At all. BUT, I did gather these two glass balls for my yard adornment. I have to laugh because my friend, Miss Sadie, has several similar balls hanging in her yard and when N and I went up to visit her, we asked her where she got them...thinking that there was some mystical, secluded, oh-so-unique shop that she would stear us to. 'Target!' was her reply. So much for mystical! Well, today, said dump had a basket of these globes...and I just had to have a couple! So I chose a crackled spring-green one and a sterling purple one. I also visited my friendly Ace Hardware store and found the perfect hardware for hanging them! The gentlemen were so helpful there! Maybe because they know how to work with balls.... just a guess.....

3 comments:

Simplicity Wins said...

Dinner was delightful! Thank you so much for always encouraging me to be what my soul & spirit yearn for. I am always so comfortable being me when I am around you. For that I can't thank you enough! Although I am a little miffed at you for going junk hunting in Cave Creek without me! I still love you!

Chickenbells said...

How fun! I am so very excited about your balls! (hmmmm...that sounded better in my head somehow)

And...I am delighted to tell you that you are my special ephemera winner for the little drawing I had over at the blog...so, I'll need and address to send the card to...

SMOOCH!!

thatgirldina said...

Oh My! What gorgeous balls you have Ms. VB! Just perfect!

Treasure hunting in Cave Creek sounds divine! One of these days Miss Sadira and I are going to have to make another trip to the valley for a Junk-O-Rama with you and your lovies.

xoxo