Friday, May 11, 2007

T.G.I.F. !!!

Thank gawd it's Friday...


It's been one of those crazy, over-worked weeks...the kind that are just insane. I went to bed last Sunday night wishing the week was already over, and I don't like feeling like that. The end of the school year just cranks up to super-high gear and it makes it hard to just enjoy the moments that I have left with my kiddos. I was at school last night for 'curriculum night' and I helped my dear friend with the book fair - families come to the library and buy books...it's such a fun night, but being gone from home for 13 1/2 hours is a bit tough. My daughter even mentioned how much I had been gone this week...and she loves being home alone!! My goal was to make it to today...upright! This morning was 'field day'.... 2 hours outside rotating through an assortment of p.e. activities. I tend to dread it...I'm exhausted from the week's activities already...but the kiddos love it and once you get going, it's not so bad...'cept for the dust, dirt and heat. That's why the 'otter pop' station is such a popular one!!



As we were getting lined up for lunch, a call from the office asked if I would pick something up that was there for me. So I sauntered on up after taking my kiddos to lunch...and a box awaited my opening. With tears, and the help from some friends of mine, I opened the box which beheld a beautiful bouquet of spring tulips (and love) ...from my daughter and son. There were so many, that I was able to make another bouquet for my bedroom and share a few with my daughter with her own mini-bouquet! I just love them, and think that they are so pretty!


My daughter's comment about being gone so much really hung with me...and so today, I decided to treat M and myself to something that I haven't done in over a year... a pedicure! I was in such need of this! So I picked dear M up after work and we drove to a little place nearby for some much needed pampering.... voila'! A patriotic pedicure! My favorite OPI red - 'I'm not really a waitress' red, dotted with white blossoms and topped with blue crystals! It was the gal's idea, and I was too trashed to even consider not doing it... a massage chair, a hot tub for my tootsies, and a pedicure ... lordy, I just about slid off that vibrating seat and crumbled right into the pedicure tub! Man, doesn't that just make you feel so much better?? M's are even cuter!!
A quick trip to the market to pick up some steaks, a couple ears of white corn and a loaf of chibatta bread had us then heading towards home. What a lovely four-letter word!! H O M E ! I lit the charcoal grill then headed up to shower off the field day from this morning. A fresh pair of lounging p.j.'s, a glass of shiraz and a steak and corn dinner...and I feel like a new woman!! I'm going to indulge in another glass of '2-buck chuck', open some devine chocolate truffles from one of my kiddos for 'teacher appreciation' week, and then crawl into my sweet, soft, comfortable bed....
for a month....
oh, how I wish!

1 comment:

Simplicity Wins said...

You jus brought back tons of childhood memories with that parachute! I loved that when I was a kid. I had no idea they still had them. What fun! You mst really love yoru job and those kids to e out in that heat pretending to be enjoying it. If it were me, I would have been at the otter pop station all day!

Tulips! How beautiful, what a sweet gift from your children. They decided friday was a perfect time to start your mothers day weekend. How thoughtful of them!

And how can I not mention your cute toes! I am glad you and Miss M got to spend some mommy/daughter time together. Happy mothers day sweet friend!