Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Good To The Last Drop

Oh, what a present to wake up to this morning.... the lightning warned of an impending boom and the thunder rumbled and bumbled through dreamy sleep! A peek out the window caught my surprise - RAIN!! Typically, monsoon storms are all talk and no action (similar to the male species), but this time, rain came along with the flash and dance of a storm that sparked up last evening.

And I couldn't resist....


Everybody got a much-needed shower this morning! I can't even remember the last time my garden felt the coolness of actual RAIN and not hose water!! Vincas, portulaca, rosemary, sage, a snail vine, my poor beleagured rose bush, chives....all reaching up to capture every drop that plops their way!


Yup.....











....every single drop.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I can't wait for our photography class this Friday. I'm always so inspired by the beautiful pictures you take!

Cheela said...

Why am I not surprised that you did a post on this??????

Sherri said...

Great pictures. Bummed I'm going to miss the photography class this weekend. I really need a class.