Monday, June 29, 2009

I Love To Take It For A Ride!

OH WHAT A DAY IT'S BEEN!!! The box is opened and the contents removed...slowly and gingerly. The battery is charged. Each component has been unwrapped....very carefully. One at a time. Every so often I've had to stop .... and just take a breath and let it all sink in. The lens has been attached with slow, exact movements. A sigh of relief let out when it is accomplished. Daughter encouraged to return to her reading in the other room because the nervousness of someone watching me open my camera was too much pressure!!! Memory card inserted, power 'on'.

OH. MY. GOSH !!!!!!!
I'M IN HEAVEN!!!

SEE??? RIGHT DOWN HERE...
l
l
l
V
I spent a good deal of time today reading my manual trying to 'get to know my camera'. A few trial shots were easy enough, but they are more to find out what I can do without knowing what I am doing... does that make any sense?

I got some nice little shots and these are SOOC - which is big photography talk for 'straight out of the camera' (no editing with Photoshop, etc.)....not only do I have to learn how to work my camera, I have to learn the lingo as well!! I absolutely love how the tinge of purple comes through on the belly of this cloud. Pretty.

I just thought this little pillow-puff was sweet.... wouldn't you just love to sit on top of it and float around?

Rays from a setting sun...

One of the reasons that I chose a Nikon camera is because I own a Nikon film slr camera which I bought about 10 years ago. One Christmas, I received a telephoto lens as a present. It's a beautiful lens and I know it wasn't cheap. As I researched information on digital slr's, one of the questions I wondered was if my lenses from my film slr camera would fit on a new digital slr. The information is varied about it and the odds were more with me if I stayed with Nikon...no guarantees, but a better chance of them fitting the camera body if it was the same brand. Well, Edna, call the neighbors, CUZ THESE BABIES WORK ON MY NEW CAMERA! WHOOOO-HAAAA !! Excuse me while I do my happy dance!!! Be right back!

Okay....back!

Now...for the big kahuna.....the picture that has me giddy....

...yes...it's a spider... Daddy Long Leg, to be exact. So why does this little fella float my boat???? Because he's in focus and the BACKGROUND IS BLURRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the type of photo that I've drooled over taking with a digital slr for years!!! I'm not sure how I did this shot.... I was playing around with settings and this is only the 12th picture that I've taken with my new baby. But it's a start and I am so excited about being on my way to taking some wonderful pictures - I can't wait to learn as much as I can about this type of photography!! If any of you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to leave a comment - I value other's knowledge and experience!! Wheeeeeee!! Thank you, Mr. Spider, for holding still and posing for me!

Stay tuned for an upcoming post about my new electronic toy....yes, other than my camera..... any guesses what it might be? J, no telling!! : ))

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

An I-Touch?
KW

Julie said...

My lips are sealed! :) You need to enjoy every second of these two wonderful presents. I am so happy for you....I am doing the happy dance right now! You DESERVE this camera. I can't wait to see all of the moments you will be capturing. Love the spider picture....those pictures are my favorite as well. Just an FYI... Tammi Proffit offers camera classes...you should look into it!

Miss you TONS! xoxo

Cheela said...

I saw those clouds when I was driving different people all over the valley on my vacation day and thought of you!!!!!!!

Joni said...

Bravo! *whistles from the crowd...would you just look at those pictures! Wow! How fun! Will you remember us here in Blogville when you become famous for your photography? I've never seen a spider look so handsome!
Keep having fun ~
:)

Tami Proffitt said...

YEAH for you and that beautiful camera for finding a HAPPY home! I CAN'T wait for our time together!

N-Search of Peace! said...

Should someone be passing out cigars?

Many many moving experiences wished for you on your new baby!!

Like a crazy women...
N-Peace

kimberly said...

oh the places you will go....and the photos you will show......
can't wait!
xoxox
kimberly

inge said...

congratulations with your camera ! I hope you have as much fun as I have with mine. It's a small one and since I'm blogging it's always attached to my handbag so I can grab it quickly and shoot a photo of everything I meet in life :)
This possibility really captures the ordinary daily things but put them in a special place by taking a photo of it :)

greetings from belgium
Inge

Lori said...

I can totally relate to this post! When I got my new Nikon, I literally went out to the jebals (Saudi rock hills) near our house and took 50 shots of the same scene with different settings and then - if that wasn't enough - went home and printed each and every one of them so I could match the setting to the way the picture turned out! Sick, I know. What can I say! Enjoy your new camera!

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.