Friday, March 24, 2006

Mi Amigas - muchas gracias!

Girlfriends are incredible assets in one's life. They are powerful forces that should never be doubted. They possess such a intuative, innate, instinctive ability to soothe, nurture, relieve, enfold, support, comfort and face life's trials and tribulations. When things are hard, difficult, tough... my girlfriends buck me up. Case in point... this week has been tough. Today was a bit tougher. But the beauty of the tough part, was that I was graced by girlfriends who passed their strength to me through words, understanding, hugs and a margarita. Early this morning, J shared breakfast with me and cracked me up with her funny mood! She can be such a stitch! I am grateful to S, who lent me a kleenex and a shoulder this morning. She was sincerely concerned and her perspective and words were wise. I am so glad that J stopped by with a hug and an ear. Just the way she nodded her head as she listened to me turned me around towards a brighter window. The day ended with the honoree of this book, Ruthie. I loved the way she offered me up the straight talk. Gentle in not wanting to come across in a harsh manner (she couldn't do that even if she tried), but pulling the 'truth card' and telling me from an honest view what my head was saying and what my heart needed to hear in a different voice. (the above book was a gift I made for Ruthie; a little hand-made book honoring her spirit and the wonderful gem that she is to me and so many others) Early this morning, I was sinking in an emotional quicksand. Fighting to not go down deeper. Each of these precious women tugged me up, sloughed off the crud and straighten out my shoulders. Yes, girlfriends are true treasures.

To all my girlfriends...
thank you
thank you for all that you are as a woman
for all that you have done to me, for me, with me and because of me
Your spirit is awesome.
We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at least a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at least one which makes the heart run over.
- James Boswell

No comments: