Saturday, March 25, 2006

What a Difference a Day Makes

Unbelievable how one can grow so much in just a few hours. Today was just such a day. I'd been feeling blue and down this week; today was the day to move all of J's items out of the house. It went well - a lot of stuff was moved and I was so glad to get rid of it all! It was like cleaning out a bad spirit when it was done. This was a good day in so many ways...a physical cleaning out of the home and reinforcement that what I am doing is the right thing to do.

To add to the wonderful renewal of spirit today, I picked up and began reading a book I bought last Saturday. If you are familiar with the book Simple Abundance, then you know about Susan Ban Breathnach. She has a new book out called Moving On - Creating Your House of Belonging with Simple Abundance. Two pages into the introduction and I knew that fate was winking at me, letting me know that this was no accident to have this book in my hands...and on of all days, today! Immediately, a sense of calm and 'you're on the right path, girl' came over me and I knew that I'd be okay. I re-read the introduction 3 times and got something new each time. Susan's words are that powerful and they strike such a personal chord with her reader, that you truly have to re-read and savor the words to appreciate all that is being given to you by her writing, words, wisdom and blessings. Grace guided me today and I am grateful for it's comfort.

New bed, new pink sheets, cleaned and freshened bedroom... yes, all is well tonight and my home has a new spirit about it. I have even had the thought cross my mind more than once that if, for some reason, we were to stay here, it would be okay. It could still be my home - with a different, new spirit! We'll see what the future holds and what my divinity is going to give me.

I know that tonight, I will sleep. Perhaps well, for the first time in a long time.

...by the way, I sent every one of his shirts to him.

No comments: