Monday, March 06, 2006

Whipped Cream Skies



Luv it...just love it! Clouds out of the window of a jet bound for fun! As most of my friends know, I am a total nut over flying. I have always loved planes since I was a little girl. My dad would take us out to the airport, Kentucky Fried Chicken dinner pack on our laps, and we would watch the planes land and listen to the pilots talk to the control tower over a special radio. I never cease to be amazed at the dynamics of flying...the fact that a 30 ton glob of steel and machinery can leave the bounds of earth's gravity and fly in a controlled manuever to a pre-conceived destination is just simply amazing. I will park at the airport and watch the planes take off and land and find myself drifting into dreams and plans for traveling. Heck, for me, half of the fun of traveling by plane is just going to the airport and going through the preboarding ritual. Crazy?? Perhaps...but pure fun in my book.

This picture was taken during the previously-mentioned Vegas trip. I love the view of clouds from earth, but I am in awe of the view from above. To me, clouds like this look like a can of whipped cream has been squirted in the sky. The shading, contours, shapes and ethereal effect of billowy white takes my breath away. When looking out the window at a view like this, it's as if I'm being allowed to see something special, something previledged, something not everyone gets to see. I take it all in, relish it, treasure it, am humbled by it and am grateful for it. Yes, it's true. I'm a kid in an airplane. Guilty... so do I get my pilot wings pin?? Huh, do I??

No comments: